Latest message you have seen: Re: New Current Cost Unit on sale...

Re: Remote camera

From: "Malcolm Surgenor" <malcolm@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 12:27 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Remote camera

> My son has asked me if I can extend our CCTV cameras to cover his
rabbits
> in a hutch at the bottom of the garden.  Whilst I can find plenty of
> wireless options what always seems to thwart me is power.  I don't
really
> want to go to the trouble and expense of running electricity all the
way
> down the garden.  Is there such a thing as a decent quality battery
> operated CCTV camera - ideally something that will feed into my
Geovision
> system?
>
> Malcolm

We have a wireless camera tuned on the budgies, but fortunately I've
managed
to get power to the shed. The wireless bit does seem to be prone to
interference and also degrades the wifi signal that we send down the road
SWMBO's sister.

And talking of SWMBO, she came rushing in yesterday in a state of
excitement
to tell me that we are going to have a baby - being the wrong side of 50
that came as quite a shock....

Only 1 egg so far but hoping for more -:) Of course the lovely little bird
has chosen the enclosed nesting box and not the one with the glass side
that
the camera is trained on -:(

John