RE: Garmin Quest vs. TomTom Go

  • Subject: RE: Garmin Quest vs. TomTom Go
  • From: "Neil Ball" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:05:20 +0100

I'm a classic Go user for the last 12 months & have found it to be
excellent
in every way. The built in speaker is v. loud if you need it to be, the
screen and 3D map view make navigating complex junctions a breeze
(providing
you have the unit mounted somewhere in view, no use if you have to look
away
from the road to keep checking!). On roundabouts it announces which exit to
take i.e. "take the 3rd exit" or if you are approaching a cluster
of side
roads it will say "take the 2nd left". The new map with full
postcode
database makes picking locations simple as well. The only problem I find is
the age of the maps - there are a few roads that have opened since the maps
were produced so I have to ignore routes when travelling on these. That
said, all systems would be the same in respect to this so it's not model
dependent. As you can tell I'm a fan of the Go, and am now about to upgrade
to the TTG500 to use it as a BT hands-free car kit.

Neil B.

_____