J Box conversion plates

  • Subject: J Box conversion plates
  • From: "Alan Ainslie" <alan.ainslie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:52:01 +0100

Can I ask of our learned brethren if anyone knows of a source of plates
which fit between a double USA J Box wall plate (about 125mm wide and 120mm
high) and a wall, in order to cover the aperture left by removing a
standard
UK double backbox (which leaves a hole about 140mm wide and 80mm high).

So to be on the safe side a plastic plate of dimensions 155mm wide and
145mm
high with a cut-out centrally to take a double J box.

For this application need only be 3 or 4mm white plastic, but all polite
suggestions welcome.

Otherwise I know  a man to make them at a price.

Just did not want to reinvent the wheel!!

Alan Ainslie