RE: HomeSeer v2.0

I bought it (@ $39.99), ran it for a week and went back to 1.7 (been
using v1 for 5 years). I figure I have saved the extra cost of upgrade
if I want to use it in the future (it is going to be $99.99 I think).

First impressions were pretty good; using the .net framework has pushed
it into a web only tool, with an identical interface on the server and
the clients.

I don't use speech, but a change for v2 is the fact that you have to use
separate speech client application. This does allow multiple speaking
and voice rec to be used on different PC's though. Sounded a bit odd
hearing multiple HS announcements when I first tried it on 3 PC's.

Most of my scripts and configurations worked 100% without problems; I
don't use any plug-ins.

The single thing that pushed be back to 1.7 was the lack of support for
any non-homeseer (hardware) modems for HomeSeer phone. The modem I use
now was only bought because the original one I was using went
unsupported when they brought out HSP 2; now they have dropped support
for anything that's not their one hardware. I cant be bothered to pay
the premium to import one from the US. The setup I have works fine for
me now.

Steve