RE: [OT] ish Plastering over old sockets

  • Subject: RE: [OT] ish Plastering over old sockets
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:17:08 +0100

Kevin,

IIRC if you have a mechanical join in your cable then you need to make
it accessible (to comply with the Regs). If you solder the wires then
you can just plaster over. However, if you've looking at re-plastering
anyway, I'd be tempted to re-wire the kitchen and put the sockets &
switches where you wanted them. However, I'm not a qualified electrician
so one of the resident sparks might want to pass comment too :-)

As I'm sure you're aware, Part P applies now too, so I presume this was
just a hypothetical question anyway ;-)

HTH,

Tim.