RE: Re: [OT] Cloning a HD....best app?

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Cloning a HD....best app?
  • From: "Darren Thrower" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:04:34 +0100

Best way is like Jason says and use Ghost.

Take the drive out of the laptop and put into a pc with the new drive on
their own ribbon cable on the secondary IDE channel.

Boot the pc and run Ghost to copy the small drive to the large one.

Then put the large drive into the laptop and there you go.

I use Ghost on all machines I build for people.
I partition the disk into C: D: & E:=20
C: is NTFS and is used for the OS and all programs
D: is FAT32 and is used for the swapfile and a Ghost backup of the C: when
I've finished installing all software they need, creating all users and
setup all e-mail accounts.
E: is NTFS also and is used for all users 'My Documents' and all drivers
needed for the system.

Hope this helps.

Darren