Re: [ukha_d] Just bought a A/C from B&Q for £98

Gareth Cook wrote:

> So, trotted down to B&Q last night after some shopping, and they
have a
> range of A/C's for £100. Some with digital displays, and one with
chunky
> old school controls.

I have one of those. Noisy bu**er it is too.

> Works a treat - Comfort detects when it gets too warm via the sensor
(you
> preset the sensor to a value), and once activated triggers the A/C
unit
> via X10.

Have you tried playing with the right hand dial...?

<ducks>

;-)

> Now I need to place the A/C permanently and fix the ducting in place.

Unless the run is very short, you can gain a fair bit in performance by
insulating the ducting (I have a couple of layers of bubble wrap around
mine!)

Have you got any hysteresis in the temperature control btw? Those units
don't like being turned on an off frequently...

Jim