Latest message you have seen: Re: Country bumpkin seeks fast internet connection

RE: website

  • Subject: RE: website
  • From: "John Benfield" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:01:51 +0100

> >Has anyone tried the energy monitor device he rigged up?
> >(http://www.bwired.nl/stroom.asp)
I'd be very interested in
> a solution
> >like that. I love trying to save money on my bills but
> invariably end
> >up spending it on gadgets ;) )

I currently have something similar setup (but not really in use yet). I
have
the Landis+Gyr meter (http://www.emetco.co.uk/Detail-11.asp?C=2).
This has a
pulse output that pulses for ever Watt used. I then use a 1-wire counter
(http://tinyurl.com/8j3fh) to do
the counting and in my case a 1-wire data
logger (LOG08 http://tinyurl.com/a45gr) to log the
data. You can connect the
1-wire device/network directly to a usb/serial port. This all fits together
rather well. At present I'm trying different ways of logging the pulse
output so that I can use the data.

JB