Latest message you have seen: RE: Seeking longer IDE cable

Re: website

I saw a similar solution on this website http://www.jon00.me.uk/  .
This HomeSeer based website is very impressive - everyone should take a
peek - the Flash based realtime weather stuff is amazing.  (via Home
Automation Server Access menu)

I got hold of similar meters but with an inbuilt pulsed 'dry
contact' output rather than having to detect the flashes, also slightly
more sensitive . These are secondary meters and my home wiring is now
segmented such that I have three areas (thanks Ben) . The meters are
very inexpensive (approx £35 ea from memory) .  In my setup the outputs
attach directly to a xAP Netiom so I can get realtime zoned electricity
usage presented over IP via xAP and can query current level / cumulative
usage.  Haven't got the software front end finished yet but the levels
(both current and cumulative) appear automatically in HomeSeer  using
the xAP plugin.  The xAP Netiom will take the gas and water meter pulses
too (still to do) as well - in fact up to 16 inputs and 16 outputs - and
it's standalone (embedded) so no PC required and many listeners get the
information simultaneously ie it's 'networked' - that's what's so great
about xAP (and xPL)

Kevin

Jamie Bennett wrote:

>Has anyone tried the energy monitor device he rigged up?
>(http://www.bwired.nl/stroom.asp)
I'd be very interested in a solution