Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Bathroom project - Cbus style lighting system....1 room only though!!

RE: Re: [OT] New sky box whining noise

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] New sky box whining noise
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:48:51 +0000

I posted on digital spy forums and within 2 minutes someone posted back
saying its a known problem with a recent batch of these Thomson boxes. One
24 minute call to Sky later and I'm getting a replacement on Wednesday :)

Must admit Sky customer service is pretty good.

So is BT come to think of it - excellent ADSL support leading to my
favourite quote from a BT engineer whilst stood in my new node 0 "I've
been
to thousands of homes but this is the most technically impressive I've
seen"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its weird - I am appreciating customer service a lot more these days - it
seems the natural state of things is not to work so its getting more and
more important.

Chris

>From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: [OT] New sky box whining noise
>Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:29:58 +0100
>
>I only caught the results programme, and then only as because the TV
was
>on while I was doing something else. It exactly didn't fire me up to
>tune in next time though.
>
>I'm guessing your original problem wasn't content-related. Do you have
>the box output plugged into anything else apart from the TV/video?
(e.g.