Latest message you have seen: RE: AlertMe ZigBee Smart Home Security System Review

general Large LCD questions. adding Media center extenders help please!

  • Subject: general Large LCD questions. adding Media center extenders help please!
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:33:21 -0000

Hi All,=20

Just finished knocking our kitchen and dining room into one. I wired=20
it for a small LCD TV on the side wall and took SWMBO to approve of=20
the screen I was going to buy.=20

The good news is she took a fancy to a nice HD ready 32" SAMSUNG=20
screen but has asked for it to go on another wall that was just=20
replastered that I did not wire! Argggg

I don't want to miss the oppertunity to get the screen. it will be=20
viewed from about 9' or 14' away so I hope 32" is going to be ok,=20
any thoughts? I can find the Samsung unit for about =A3900, any other=20
recommendations? Must have integrated Freeview.

I will initially use it for freeview but would also love to add=20
Media Center to it. I have a Media Center PC in the study and don't=20
want a second. I am considering an XBOX360 but can't seem to find=20
out the detail of what media center extender features it will have,=20
anyone seen anything on this? I would like wide screen TV and to be=20
able to play music and have slide shows, anything more is a bonus.

How close must I have the Xbox? I don't want it near the screen as=20
that will be wall mounted. I hate any visible wires but teh house is=20
dry lined so I can feed things behind the plaster. Also plan to=20
mount some blueroom minipod speakers either side but that then needs=20
an amp hidden somewhere.

Anyone else done this sort of thing? any advice would be appreciated.

I have no need for HD at the moment, just seems silly to buy a TV=20
now that is not capable.

Oh how I wish I new she would want this 2 months ago!

Thanks in Advance.=20

Ian=20