Latest message you have seen: Re: Photos of Home Automation

RE: Steamproof downlights

  • Subject: RE: Steamproof downlights
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:37:06 +0100

Pete,=20

Our kettle is situated like yours, although it is at the end of the run of
=
wall units so I do try to direct the spout out from underneath the
cupboard=
s. However, my under-cupboard lights are slim-ish fluorescents (like these
=
http://tinyurl.com/ey3ko), hidden
by a moulding on the underside of the row=
of units. We have 6-8 of these lights around the kitchen (they link togeth=
er a bit like the LED strips recently discussed) and in 5 years I think
I'v=
e only replaced one tube, and that wasn't near the kettle.=20

Have you got the depth to hide LED deck lights? These would be rated for
ou=
tdoor use, so may survive a bit better than regular cabinet lights.

HTH,

Tim.