Re: Re: How many PCs are sold in the UK (and by whom)

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 17:27 +0000, ianh1000 wrote:
> Who says HP only sell to corporate customers? :-(
>=20
> They have them at PC world, DABS etc, perhaps not a direct sales=20
> consumer web site, on that I agree.=20
>=20

I said "pretty much only selling to corporate customers" not that
they
DIDN'T sell to home users - only that they had far far more sales
through the corporate channels.

According to the figures I've got, HP have 22% of the UK PC market
(after Dell, with 40%).

Looking at the PCs that home users buy, I'd estimate that 90%+ of those
sales must be to corporates... but I'm willing to be proved wrong. I'm
still trying to hunt down a breakdown that doesn't cost =C2=A3=C2=A3=C2=A3.

I know of literally hundreds of people with work-issued HPs or Compaqs
(an HP company now), but only 1 person who bought an HP or Compaq as a
home user (and she bought it from a "laptop reconditioning
place")

M.