[OT] Custom action in Outlook 2003

  • Subject: [OT] Custom action in Outlook 2003
  • From: "Pete Church" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:45:08 +0100

>This is slightly OT .. but still automation, but more for my email
>than home.

>Is it possible to create a custom rule that filters a certain set of
>emails based on my criteria when I send emails to export an msg of the
>email on my computer in a folder outside of Outlook?

Not sure if this is what you mean but the Rules Wizard is the Outlook tool
for handling incoming messages and processing them appropriately.
Unfortunately all of the rules work within Outlook rather than outside -
i.e. just moving within Outlook folders rather than onto the hard drive,
but
it is possible to create Custom Scripts (really VBA code) that can be
programmed to do whatever you want (see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306108)

I could have a look at this if you need some help, but a bit busy at the
moment!  Maybe someone out there is a VBA whiz and could knock something up
easily.

>In addition is there anyway to make non default contacts shareable?
>Outlook says that only the default contacts folder can be shared ..
>which I have to say is PANTS!

Unless you're using Exchange Server then the answer seems to be no.  I
share
my contacts between two computers (Home PC and Office Laptop) through a
free
web service called Plaxo (www.plaxo.com <http://www.plaxo.com/> ) .   If
this is what you're looking at doing then I can thoroughly recommend it.

>Any help appreciated.

No problem. Pete

Regards,

Ho yin

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

"
on the web.

*          To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: