Re: Wireless Media Player

  • Subject: Re: Wireless Media Player
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 17:20:47 +0100

In article <dhld97+rfro@xxxxxxx>, Adapthor wrote:
> I'm looking for a wireless media player

Media or just music?

> Philips Streamim
> Sl50i

I have used an SL300i. It's fine for music (though I haven't use it
extensively for this) but on video suffers from patchy codec support
and the inability to show a picture as it fast forwards and rewinds.

> Roku Soundbridge

An M1000 is what I currently use. Great for music, particularly when
used with the TwonkyViseio UPnP server (free for audio only, and
available for Linux including embedded devices)  Also good support via
their forums.

But, 1) It can't ff/rwd music (yes!), 2) No support (yet) for Real
streams, so no BBC.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire