RE: Grrr.... XBOX!

WOAH! - that's *far* too much information!!!

I'm sure the collective knowledge of this group can steer me through the
minefield of options with great efficacy... :-)

OK, so supposing I accept that a soft-mod probably isn't the best idea,
and I'll consider doing a hardware mod (they're off on holiday in a
couple of weeks, so I could do it then...)

I really want whichever mod is absolutely childishly simple to install..
- Definitely don't want go wielding a soldering iron inside their new
toy..

Which modchip would the group recommend?

They have a MCE2005 PC, so I would like them to be able to stream MP3's
& Photos off it, - or alternatively perhaps maintain a 2nd copy of said
MP3s & photo's on the XBOX HDD - would be a handy backup in case of HDD
failure of the MCE PC... - I presume I could schedule regular sync
copies by FTP over the LAN?...

I guess it would also be a good idea to upgrade the HDD to a bigger one,
- is that simple enough? (NB I can do a TiVo disk upgrade with no
problem)

They definitely won't be bothered about XBOX LIVE, but whatever I do
mustn't prevent them just using it to play game discs in the usual
way...

It doesn't need to play DVD's since there is a "proper" DVD play
already
attached to the TV, but it might be nice to play their camcorder
footage, - again either streamed from the MCE PC, of copied locally onto
the XBOX HDD.

Suggestions?

Paul G.

Of