Re: VOIP and Bluetooth Headset?!?!

  • Subject: Re: VOIP and Bluetooth Headset?!?!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:51:31 -0000

Fantastic Patrick thank you.

Could you ask your friend which Jabra headset he's using?

I have a very old (well in gadget terms anyway!) sony ericsson HBH-20
I think it is headset so im guessing thats not helping my problems!

My ibook is wireless all the time pretty much and im happy enough with
the call quality!

will take a look at the sipura read up on it a bit, an asterisk server
is on the todo list so at some stage im going to need some hard phones
for that so if i can find some that support bluetooth then all the better.

ideally what i want is for all phones to ring and have the option to
pick it up with either the bluetooth headset or any hard phone! but
thats for the future! hehe

Cheers

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "patrick_o_matic" <patrick@l...>
wrote:

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "noel_pilot" <HA@a...> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> > Saw some discussion recently about trying to get a WIFI pda
working
> > for voip (might have been skype) with a bluetooth headset,
> >
> > seemed like the conclusion was you can't really do it cos of the
> > conflict between wireless frequencies etc.
>
> It is very device dependent - some work, some don't.
>
> > Would love to get a bluetooth headset working with my ibook for
xlite
> > but it killing me trying to get it working, never seems stable at
all
> > and never opens up the link to the headset when i make a call!
grr