Re: X10-2 ?

  • Subject: Re: X10-2 ?
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:49:31 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "David Buckley" <db@e...> wrote:

> No experience, but a bit of detective work leads to
> http://www.x10bus.com which
features such gems as "lowest-price
beauty"

>From an Australian poster on the Homeseer forums (I'm sure Ross
won't mind me copying his post here) ....

"x10bus in China are manufactures of these devices.
A few things to keep in mind:
The local X10 distributor in Australia imported these for a little
while, they don't any more. The reason "too many returns due to
faults".
The Dimming Micromodule (that they don't have in the ebay store as
of this post) has no local dimming control! Eg You can dim it via
X10, but you can't dim it at the wall switch.

Get some to test first before ordering big.

According to the picture, they are CE certified (they have the
logo). I would be EXTREMELY surprised if they were really CE
certified.

Ross."

Personally I'd like to see a reputable UK or European distibutor
stock them before turing my house into a potential fire trap !

Kevin.