Latest message you have seen: [OT] Avi compression

RE: Windows MCE and Radio Recordings from DVB-T.

> Phil,
>
> I've tested this, and it seems there might be something in what you
say.

Ahha! Good - I'm not going mad then. :-D

> I've tried recording the radio, and I also can't skip through the
> recording.

Cool - as long as it's not just something I've buggered up then I'm
(reasonably) happy.

/me sits back and waits for next bugfix.

> However, I can't replicate your playback issues.

Hmmm ... It's not every recording (of course) but I've had a few this week.

You double click 'em to start playing 'em and Windows Media Player pops
up, you get a blank screen (no video stream of course - I wish Windows
Media Player would recognise that and not open the video window). The play
button changes to a pause icon (which usually indicates that it's playing)
but that's all that happens ... no audio and no movement of the
"seek"
cursor. :-(

> Incidentally, I *very* occasionally (like about 3 times in 6 months)
record
> a programme and then find that part way through there's a problem with
it
> and MCE hangs. I've not worked out what the problem is, but maybe this
is
> a similar issue?

Haven't had that yet but hopefully I'll get chance this weekend to try out
a few radio recordings playing back on the MCE machine itself.

Phil