Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

RE: Re: Integrating EIB/KNX with Hometronic

  • Subject: RE: Re: Integrating EIB/KNX with Hometronic
  • From: "Neil Ball" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:30:53 -0000

Hi Slavo

If you go to
http://europe.hbc.honeywell.com/hometronic/technology/systemuebersicht/defau
lt.htm you will see the modules that are available in the UK. Some of them
have already been updated e.g. the HR80 replaces the HR50 but you have to
go
to the www.cm-zone.com <http://www.cm-zone.com/>  website to
find any
details about it! This is the only range officially available within the UK
and the sole UK distributor is Sensible Heat.

The HCM200D Manager module does have a PC interface but this disables the
functions of the Manager while you are connected, so it can only be used
for
uploading/downloading of configuration files or firmware updates. So until
we (Sensible Heat) produce the data module then there is no current
integration/interface to any system other than by volt-free inputs or
outputs. Work on the data module is progressing and we will be announcing
specs/prices in the new year.

You are right about Centraline, it is Lon based, but there is no direct
network integration between Centraline and Hometronic even though Centra
manufacture the Hometronic modules. The interface is simply volt-free
contacts or analogue 0-10v depending on the application. So if you have
multiple boilers that need stage control or compensated control of main
plant then that is controlled by the Centraline controller which receives
heat demand by the volt-free or analogue signal from Hometronic. In this
respect any controller that is programmed to work this way could be used in
place of the Centraline controller.

There are currently no plans by Honeywell to create network level
integration from Hometronic to other control systems, it just does not
"fit"
their model for this controls range. Having said that there is a good
amount
of integration with 3rd party systems possible by using the volt-free
methods and this avoids any complex programming or bespoke interfaces.

If you need any more info please let me know.

Neil B.

_____