Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

RE: [OT] Self contained portable SatNav

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Self contained portable SatNav
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:14:27 -0000

Keith,

I can recommend the XDA with TomTom5. I have been using it with a BT GPS
an=
d it has impressed me.=20

Battery life using TomTom is about two hours, the backlight is permanently
=
on. I have bought a USB / Cigar Lighter lead (E-bay Hong Kong Seller) for
a=
few quid which helps although I think the charge rate is still less than t=
he useage at full tilt.

You will also need an SD card (1GB are not too expensive).

I am just waiting for my XDA Exec which doesn't run TomTom at the moment I
=
believe. Two steps forward, one back...

The XDA I have does not have WiFi which the XDA below does have so could
ma=
ke a great HA remote control round the house...

Drop me a mail off-list if you are seriously thinking of going this way.

NIgel