Latest message you have seen: RE: (OT) On line photo albums

RE: Heatmiser Central Heating Thermostat

  • Subject: RE: Heatmiser Central Heating Thermostat
  • From: "Craig" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:35:28 -0000

> I'm about to order one of these: http://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/
> product.php?productid=3D16137 and am wondering if someone on=20
> here has any experience with these?  I'm tempted by the=20

Yes, I have one, it replaced a mechanical control. A few very minor
issues:

Screen contrast is not that clear, but readable.
Time does drift slightly.
Standard remote will only set temp 18-30 deg, wont go below 18c (*)
Requires a back box, ie not surface mounted

Still recommend it though.

> remote control, but am reluctant to shell out =A316.20 for=20
> something I have replaced within 10 minutes with my Logitech=20
> Harmony 885.  I checked the Logitech website, but the=20
> Heatmiser is an unknown product to them, so I can not get an=20
> equivalent without having access over the original remote.

An excellent feature is that when you set the temp on the remote
it transmits the absolute temp via IR, not just up/down.

(*) This means it has discrete codes for the temp, so it should
be easy to sample these, an possibly use in the 885 and a USBIRT
type device for *intelligent* heating control, without rewiring
any controllers.

Craig