Latest message you have seen: Re: Laptop battery replacement

Re: Fw: Re: Grand Designs tonight touchscreens.....

On 11/10/05, Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, so why wouldnt I just have the same screen throughout the house ?
So
> mebe 2 or more units with the same web/mainlobby/etc interface.

>From what I have read, VGA signals can go up to 50ft so that is enough
for my 3 bed semi. I'm planning on one in the kitchen, one in the
master bedroom and one in the entrance hall. That means one dual head
graphics card and on board vga for the 3 creens. I'll also be using 4
sound cards plus on board sound to distribute 5 audio zones.

Usb seems to only extend to 5 meters so for screen more than this
(which will be the master bedroom and hall wall, the kitchen is in
reach) the cat5e usb extender as mentioned will be ideal.

As for software, I'd really like to use Linux and I will be developing
some of my own but for now, I'll use windows but its not ideal.

I'll gladly help with any software development, whoever takes up the
challenge.