Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: 24 Port RM Gigabit Switches

Re: Fw: Re: Grand Designs tonight touchscreens.....

Gareth Cook wrote:

>Ok, so why wouldnt I just have the same screen throughout the house ?
So
>mebe 2 or more units with the same web/mainlobby/etc interface.
>
>It uses VGA for the screen, so we could just split the VGA to deliver
>all touchscreens.

Yes.. that works

>And the touchscreen is via a USB interface. When using a mouse via USB,
>you could have more than one mouse, and either work (mebe not at
EXACTLY
>the same time). SO mebe plugging in multiple touchscreen via USB would
be
>ok.

USB has length complications - not insummountable though

> Can't see me using more than one touchscreen at the exact same time
>(when they compliment the CBUS switches anyway).

This is just a  personal preference thing - just thinking...often people
like...

The local screen to display the local (to that room) titles for the
music that is playing or select a video to play on your local TV/Projector
The local screen to control local devices like the volume, mute,
lighting, heating
To have pictures or info specific to you (kids bedroom perhpas)
displayed eg emails waiting, pics of friends , telephone messages
waiting, who called etc
(This can be achieved by the 'preselect a room' type buttons though it's
a little messy  you can't just hit 'pause' for example
Local screens to possibly have internet access - which can be very time
intensive so you can't stand to be 'interrupted' by another touchscreen
If video is being shown on a TS then obviously that allocates the screen
estate
No contention should someone else start to use a screen

>So that's one mini-pc to drive multiple screens and the touchscreen
>portion.
>
>Workable ?

Mostly I guess...

Kevin