Latest message you have seen: Re: Laptop battery replacement

[OT] Self contained portable SatNav

  • Subject: [OT] Self contained portable SatNav
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:53:14 -0000

Hi All,

I know this has been discussed many times before so apologies for asking
again!

I am looking for a portable SatNav that we can move between vehicles.

Dont want to spend too much on it as we dont often need SatNav, its just
for
the occasional excursion.

I dont think using my iPaq is an option as it is an early 3630 and I only
have the PCMCIA jacket for it not a compact flash one.

Do all current Satnav units go down to Postcode level ?

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions but I am still using Autoroute 98
because we get bugger all new roads round here. Still waiting for the dual
carriageway that we have been campaigning for during the last 30 years at
least :-(

I seem to remember someone posting about some units in Aldi or Lidl which I
think were Medion??? Are they any good?

TIA

Keith