Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Fw: Re: Grand Designs tonight touchscreens.....

  • Subject: Fw: Re: Grand Designs tonight touchscreens.....
  • From: "Chris Purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:21:03 -0000

What I have noticed is the increasing tendancy of devices to offer a
web interface. As such I definitely think there is an advantage to a
large touchscreen that can simply 'host' these views. Although its
lovely to do custom stuff its certainly easier just to forward on
these interfaces .... in my installation I have

aircon web
asterisk web
russound sms music system web
homeseer web
weather web
web web :)

loads of other things I can't think of.

Just a thought.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:

> Gareth Cook wrote:
>
> >Easy enough to plumb one touchscreen as the main display onto a
miniitx
> >system - but what if you want more ? Do we need display cards that
do
> >multiple video outs or something ? I'm assuming I could just use
the
> >homeseer web engine to drive buttons, etc. and that can talk back
> >Comfort and CBUS.
> >

> This is what RedRadio's RAD-I/O does - it divides a single screens
'real
> estate' into 8 sub  panels each of which drives a low cost screen
> directly over CAT5 with power and video,which means all display is at
> full PC speed.  Touch screen feedback emulates a mouse click on main
PC