Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Grand Designs tonight touchscreens.....

This is my second post - please be gentle
I spent ages looking at touchscreens and switches etc and gave up and
honestly now believe that voice control is the interface way to go (with
another type backup!!). I am some many months from the actual install but
a=
writing my own voice software, which is separate to the issues with mixers,
background noise,accuracy and mike switching.I would hope that the hardware
is better now than it was 3 years ago. Software has moved on markedly.
I think the best use for voice control is arming/disarming the alarm on way
out (again no propriatary wall acne!!) ie if all proximity sensors detect
no-one and I forget to alarm on way out the voice prompts me to set.
Similary on entry when the door open it prompts (hopefully its one of the
family!!) to reset by voicing the alarm sentence.
Basically the inspiration and confirmation of this is this excellent
practical real example http://james.lipsit.com/home.htm.
As I mentioned I a=
writing my own (software bod) but not sure of the choice of languages ie
AT&T or the suggeated Nuance, or my own/wifes voice!!
He also mentions the Shure mixer - the UK Retail price for 8 port ~ =A3825
Cheers
Ray
Not sure if its normal but its always nice to hear what setup folks have -
sorry no pictures/web yet!!
For the Record I have Nu-Heat ufloor heating controlled by custom Linux
solid state controller - 1-wire sensors,- this also drives C-Bus Lighting -
have feedback cause I got the Linux driver. Controlled via WiFi PDA(s). The
Nokia Mobile phone connected to the Linux controller is another way in/out.
A windows PC will host the Voice Control - needs to be fast to index the
voices etc so I thinking of hosting on the HTPC.
On 10/11/05, Paul Gale <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd be interested in how you get on with open air mics - I have a
system =
> put in 3 years ago with an intelligent Shure mixer - but never found
the
> right software to drive it (voice recognition). It's OK in very quiet
> environments but as soon as you add any background sound (music, TV
etc) =
you
> can forget it :(
>
> Paul.

They are available in
> > the UK but again depends on level of integration you wish to
achieve

> > Anyway I've given up on touchscreens and going now for an 'open
air
> > microphone'. No wall acne!!
> >
> > Saw traver
> > On 09/11/05, Shmern <shmern@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > It was mentioned earlier this week on the list, and it's
listed on th=

Date:
> > 08/11/2005

Service.

Service.
Service.

pair+improvement&w1=3DHome+repair+improvement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh=
&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.sig=3DTcERUCDPQcJLbg9mtvQGJQ>
Computer
> stuff<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=3Dms&k=3DComputer+stuff&w1=3DHome+re=
pair+improvement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D7=
6&.sig=3DplS9-eUUfaBXyLVFT87AJg>
> High<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=3Dms&k=3DHigh&w1=3DHome+repair+improv=
ement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.sig=3Db5=
d547gPx7eFWNGqXQCl7A>
> Improvement<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=3Dms&k=3DImprovement&w1=3DHome=
+repair+improvement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=
=3D76&.sig=3DO6pw_oratTOwep2G_91fIQ>