Pentium-M based Windows XP Media Centre - Review

  • Subject: Pentium-M based Windows XP Media Centre - Review
  • From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 22:36:38 -0000

Submission by Keith Finnett=20

Let=92s get straight to the point =96 does Microsoft Windows work as an
entertainment centre? If you read the computing press you=92ll know the
ans=
wer
is yes, no, and maybe. If you want one, you=92ll have to be an early
adopte=
with deep pockets =96 most pre-built systems retail at around the =A31,000
=
mark.
There are some great looking systems out there (Elonex=92s range look very
tempting), but few of them would look good in my living room =96 and
certai=
nly
not at that price!=20

So, does it work? I=92ve just built my fourth Windows Media Centre Edition
(MCE) PC and the latest version is more stable, quieter and more usable
tha=
its predecessors. It has also completely changed the way we watch
televisio=
=96 no longer do we have to be sat down in front of the TV at a specific
ti=
me;
we now watch the programmes we like when we want to. If you=92ve never
trie=
PVR (Personal Video Recorder) technology, you=92re missing out! And TV/PVR
=
is
not the only string to MCE=92s bow =96 it gives us access to live and
recor=
ded
TV, music and (camcorder) video, online and offline DVDs, and our ever
growing photo gallery. You can also access it over the Internet =96 just in
case you=92ve forgotten to record something...=20

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article1624.html

M.