Re: Sony CDs, DRM and Windows Media Center Edition...

  • Subject: Re: Sony CDs, DRM and Windows Media Center Edition...
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:35:55 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@x...> wrote:

> Sony's behaviour in this matter is thug like, and their refusal to
admit to wrongdoing at all, never mind apologising and corecting
their strategy to a more acceptable form is just so arrogant it's
repellant.

Surely they don't think they can get away with this: (quote from
cnet)

"According to F-Secure, if you insert a CD into a Windows-based
system and see an End User License agreement on your desktop, the CD
might also be installing a root kit on your system as a way to
prevent illegal copying and distribution of the CDs contents. "

Keyvan