Electric Windows

  • Subject: Electric Windows
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 23:56:23 -0000

Hi All,

Just wondering why we dont have electrically operated windows in our
houses.

Opening and closing any of my windows is difficult because of items of
furniture in front of them meaning you have to stand on something to reach.

Almost all cars now have electric windows (at least for driver and front
passenger) which isnt really required as you are sitting right next to
where
the manual handle would have been.

At school (yes I can still remember that far back.... just cant remember
what I did a few hours ago) the high up windows on the hall had a
mechanical
cable operated opening system.

Lots of people have electrically operated curtains yet they are easier to
reach. Electrically operated windows could then be linked to the alarm
system so that the windows automagically close when you set the alarm.

Is such a system available ?

Regards

Keith