RE: Splicing SVHS cables

  • Subject: RE: Splicing SVHS cables
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 22:01:07 -0000

It should work no problem at all.

The one reason I can definately think of that would stop you getting a
picture is that you have got the Chroma and Luma signals crossed over.

Luma carries a monochrome picture with sync signals

Chroma carries the colour information to complete the picture.

If the Chroma signal is missing you will get black and white.

If Luma is missing you will get nothing.

Hope that helps

Keith