Re: Re: [OT}: how to make PVR any ideas welcome

Normal TV viewing and media center stuff should be fine, maybe a
little 'soft' when using tv-out. Use the vga->scart cable and you will
get a better picture but unless you invest in a plasma/lcd your not
going to find viewing small text (think web browsing) very
comfortable.

On 11/4/05, Gary <questuk1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>  thanks for your help
>
>  what is the quality like on video playback on TV with these cards
>  (similar to a VCR or better}?
>
>  Is there any distortion, or blurring, or black border around picture
>  seen on TV?
>

>  and any recommendations for a cheap TV out video card.
>

>  regards Gary
>

>  --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, patrick doocey <patrick.doocey@g...>
wrote:

>  >
>  > On 04/11/05, Gary <questuk1@h...> wrote:
>  > > hello,
>  > >
>  > > I would like to build a personal video recorder using my
PC, I can