Latest message you have seen: 19" rack recommendations

RE: Single gang 4 port RJ45 outlet

  • Subject: RE: Single gang 4 port RJ45 outlet
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 14:36:53 +0100

> > These (the Rapid units) are much better logistically
> > than the Clipsal modular units.
>
> They're a bit "commercial" for me.  I have similar ones in
the
> study (a line of 8), but I much prefer the Clipsal ones all
> through the rest of the house.

They do look a "bit" commercial but I have MK Logic sockets and
switches
(not the curver top face "Logic Plus") so the square white plates
fit in
perfectly.

> Clipsal needs much shallower back boxes too.

But MUCH deeper pockets :-)

At the end of the day, whatever you choose has to fit both your budget and
decor. If everything else is Clipsal then your RJ45's should also be
Clipsal. If you have Brass, Stainless Steel or some other non white
electrical accessories then your choices are extremely limited.

Keith