Re: [OT] Useful laptop programs - Wireless

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Useful laptop programs - Wireless
  • From: "alanmiddleton74" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 19:50:53 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ho yin Ng" <yahoogroups@h...>
wrote:
> I use it at home on my wireless connection, at my girlfriends on
wireless
> and at work.
> Every single place has a different router address and I must have a
> different IP address because of this.

> Is there a program that can recognise the wireless network name and
then
> apply the relevant network settings for that area? OR must I change my
> network settings every time I go somewhere different?

Have a look at multinetwork manager
https://www.globesoft.com/mnm7_home.asp
- allows you to define and
apply network profiles before you login.

The latest version applies profiles automatically with a given
network. They gave an earlier version away free with pc pro a couple
of months ago.

HTH

Alan.