Stress test HA server

  • Subject: Stress test HA server
  • From: "John Nye" <wajcn50@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 12:30:26 +0100

Hi,

Decided to tidy up my node zero so putting together a rack mounted server -
trying to use some bits and pieces from various PC's.

Tried a stress test (Toast) and it freezes after about 20 seconds. Temp of
the CPU only rises about 1 degree (to 45C).

Looks like its either the Mobo (Jetway KT333-8233) or the Processor (Athlon
XP 2100+) as I've tried swapping Ram.

But which one is it?
Or should I bite the bullet and replace both?
And if I do what should I get? It will be running things like HV, Ace, and
has all my video and music using raid5 firewire attached 4x160Gb drives.
Not
sure whether running raid5 under XP is sensible though as when the PC
freezes it takes a couple of hours to rebuild the array.

Any advice would be very welcome.

John