Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Any Harmony 885 remote users ? & where to buy ?

Fw: Re: Cheap source of 230v 50hz X10 Micromodules

  • Subject: Fw: Re: Cheap source of 230v 50hz X10 Micromodules
  • From: "egelbeertje" <r_d_k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:07:10 -0000

Well it finally arrived,

Got a mail 4 days ago to say it was shipped by Airmail (apparently
they had some inventory problem) but it's here now, it's looking good
and except for the color of the module it'looks a copy (or the
original :-) of the Marmitek TMD4.
They did put a 15$ value as merchandise on the envelope but no
customs duty paid - End total $43.95 incl shipping - or about 1/3 of
the local price.
Good service. Will shop there again soon ....I'm afraid for the
budget now.

rgds Rob.

PS : this is extreme : I saw a LM12 lamp module last week in a shop
here in Belgium, they charged over $107 for it - I couldnt' believe
it - so I'm not going to promote that shop here :-)

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "egelbeertje" <r_d_k@h...> wrote:

> No, this is just a 4 channel X10 transmitter. You will still need
the
> ld11 if you want to dim a light - but it will save you some
cabling :-
> )
> I intend to use it as a transmitter for driving wall socket
appliance
> modules - that way SWMBO can hide the wires wherever she wants -
and
> I can switch them off from the same location all the time - and
don't
> have to look for the local switches all the time.
>
> I ordered qty1 because import and VAT knows where I live - they
> usually charge everything over 50$ - I hope to get away with this
one.

> rgds Rob.
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@u...> wrote:
> > Am I right in saying this could replace 4 x LD11's ??
> >
> > G.
> >
> >  Gareth Cook
> >  SWG EMEA North Account Manager
> >  IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
> >  Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
> >  AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@g...
> >  email: g@xxxxxxx
> >

> > ----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 25/02/2005 11:46 -----
> >
> > Discussion
> > Main Topic
> >
> > "John Nye" <wajcn50@g...>
> > Today 11:18
> >
> > .
> > Subject:
> > .
> > Re: [ukha_d] Re: Cheap source of 230v 50hz X10 Micromodules
> > .
> > Category:
> >

> > Rob,
> > Good spot!
> >
> > I've ordered 4 - same shipping cost ($8.95). Just waiting for the
> import
> > duty and Vat hit now -:(
> >
> > John

price