Latest message you have seen: Re: HA Object Model or Taxonomy?

Re: APC UPS low battery network broadcast

  • Subject: Re: APC UPS low battery network broadcast
  • From: "alanmiddleton74" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:10:49 -0000

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the terminology - off to google with some new keywords as I
didn't realise it was snmp. Unfortunately with 'interesting ideas'
always seem to lead to weeks of searching to prove it can't be done :(

I'll let you know if I have any success.

Alan.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)"
<haweste@a...> wrote:
> Alan,
>
> I would guess that you need to emulate the UPSs SNMP (Simple Network
> Management Protocol) message. However, I'm now out of my depth and
while
> I know "sort-of" what it is and does, anything further is
beyond me.

> Yours is a neat idea though and if you can make the SNMP messages
appear
> to come from different UPSs then you have control over a number of
PCs.