Latest message you have seen: Re: HA Object Model or Taxonomy?

RE: Linux and firewire drives...

  • Subject: RE: Linux and firewire drives...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:59:02 -0000

<<SNIP>>

> If my understanding is correct, Phil moved from a licensed
> Windows 2003 server edition because it couldn't handle the
> simplest of tasks without regularly crashing. I suspect the
> Windows firewire driver is buggy too but evidently it has
> been buggy for quite some time.

Oh your understanding is *MORE* than correct!

After three months of being pretty damn stable my Windows 2003 Server
started giving the now infamous "Delayed Write Failed" messages
which was
annoying but liveable with as most of the time it was reading rather than
writing to the drives. However - as I think you saw a few times this
weekend
Li - whilst copying off about 200Gb of data that I wanted to keep across
the
network, 2003 Server was just dropping out of existence and locking up
completely - must have done that, what, three times in the space of 24
hours!

Phil