Latest message you have seen: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Logitech_Squeezebox_Boom_now_=A3149=2E99?=

RE: Re: New Central Heating System : HA Possibilities?

  • Subject: RE: Re: New Central Heating System : HA Possibilities?
  • From: "Dean Smith" <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:06:58 -0000

If it was open - and therefore controllable by one of
xap/xpl/homeseer/comfort , I personally would be happy to pay nearly the
cost of the PC-Link software just for the PC interface ( I know its a
relatively simple serial I/f - but accept that has a development cost) and
would have had a couple of the thermostats on their way now.

I already have my heating controlled via 12V relays from comfort. and
therefore from any PC in the house. I am however stuck with the orignal
(240V) thermostat in the wrong place.

I havent yet found the "perfect solution" for a controllable
thermostat that
can be remote from the mains switching - these look soo close its almost
painful.

Has to be said the documentation (that I can find) on the website about the
networked system is woeful though.

Dean