Latest message you have seen: Re: [OT] Whs Connector problem

Re: HomeHub: A New Home Security and Control Solution

  • Subject: Re: HomeHub: A New Home Security and Control Solution
  • From: "Keith Finnett" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:40:01 -0000

I'm on the beta, and have started configuring!

When i've had a chance to get some idea of what HomeHub can do i'll
give you my thoughts. So far, it's a Java application and the
concept is subscription based.

Cheers,

Keith

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark McCall" <lists@a...> wrote:
> "HomeHub, a new and innovative software solution for home
security
and
> automation is looking for Beta trial users. HomeHub puts you at
the centre
> of your home. You can control your lighting, appliances, security
cameras
> and entertainment systems through a range of devices whether
you're at home
> or anywhere else in the world. It is designed to allow users of
all levels
> to create and control an automated home based around existing
standards and
> technologies using devices that are available today. You control
your whole
> house through one easy to use browser based interface from any
computer on
> your home network or from other networked devices such as wireless
PDA's and
> from the TV using a suitable adaptor. HomeHub provides you with
the ability
> to access your home remotely via the internet using our secure
online
> servers. Once logged in you can monitor and control what's going
on in your
> house. You can also be alerted via email or SMS to motion
detection or many
> other types of event happening in your house while you are away.
You can
> create and maintain events that can be anything from simply
turning a light
> on or off at the correct time to recording video from cameras and
sending
> emails. All of which are setup through a simple to use browser
based
> interface.
>
> HomeHub can make use of devices and equipment you already own
allowing you
> to continually add to and improve your digital home one step at a
time.
> HomeHub uses existing technologies such as Ethernet, USB, X10, 1-
Wire and
> UPnP, allowing you to create your own customized digital home. The
types of
> device supported by HomeHub are continually growing but currently
for the
> Beta trial we are providing support for all X10 devices, Axis and
D-Link
> network cameras, web cams, Slimp3 players, Hauppauge MediaMVP TV
Adapter and
> some 1-Wire devices. All you need to get started on the trial is a
PC, a