Latest message you have seen: MCE and NTL

Re: Occupancy detection

  • Subject: Re: Occupancy detection
  • From: "Keith Finnett" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:40:11 -0000

I've got a Comfort-linked PIR in each of the areas I mentioned,
which does the usual stuff in terms of security.

I also have a light sensor installed outside the house, away from
light sources, which detects the daylight level.

So, create a custom response which checks to see if it's dark - if
it is, start a timer, and turn on the lights in that zone via X10.
Assign this response to the zone on response.

Create a second custom response which checks to see if the timer has
ended, and if it has then turn the lights off.

In this way, my lights come on after dark if I walk in the hall
(say), and turn off after 5 minutes of no movement.

The actual response code is more complex than above, using flags to
check for movement in the time the lights are on (restarting the
timer), but you get the idea.

Cheers,

Keith

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Stuart Grimshaw