Re: newbie help please - long post

  • Subject: Re: newbie help please - long post
  • From: "vex220" <cmw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:25:08 -0000

Here you go.

> > 1. Distribution of AV to more than one room - At present I have
a=20
> > DVD, Sky box, VHS, X-box, CD/Minidisc all running through a
Yamaha=20
> > DSP A2 amp into a Panasonic Widescreen TV. I want to be able
to=20
> > distribute this to the lounge and bedroom with IR control,
maybe=20
> > even housing all the equipment in Node 0. I have seen a new
Yamaha=20
> > amp that has 3 zones -  2 video and 1 audio only - how do I
get=20
> the=20
> > signals to the right place. Do I use some of the stuff I've
seen=20
> on=20
> > www.kat5.tv or do I buy very long s-vhs leads

Have alook at AV Nex and thier Nexus product. It is a AV switching
matrix all over CAT5e cables, both inputs and outputs can be located
throughout the house. Composite Video, L&R Audio and IR distribution
all the way back to the specific devices you are using.

> >=20
> > 2. Whole house audio =96 I know top end systems are out of my
price=20
> > range, so just some hardwired speakers in the kitchen,
bedrooms=20
> and=20
> > maybe bathroom will do. I have an Ipod and have seen the
Seaonce=20
> > port which I like and would want to use this as the main
library=20
> of=20
> > songs anyone know how this connects to the amp and how do I=20
> control=20
> > the volume in each room

As mentioned else where, look at www.sonos.com, it is audio media
player but its advantage is that it includes a amp in its receiver.
Meaning you only need some speakers!

> >=20
> > 3. Lighting =96 I love the idea of auto occupancy lighting, but I
am=20
> > unsure of what other levels of control this offers? Do I opt
for=20
> > hardwired pir or the stcik on RF versions

No answer on the PIR and Occupancy detection but alternatives to the
scenen lighting and dimming requirements could be Rako Controls. Very
easy to retro fit to an existing property

Hope that helps