Re: OT. Recommended software for new Mac users

Don,

It's worth getting QT Pro for many reasons. You can save movies from
within your browser, plus you get more playback options in QT Player,
editing is possible plus of course the export options are opened up. I
just wish I could remember where I got all my codecs.

In my QuickTime folder (in users/Library) I have the following:

DivX 5.component
AC3 Codec.component
DVCPROHDCodec.component
3ivx D4 4.5.1 for OSX

I think the DivX and 3ivx are the important ones to be honest. I can
drop DivX .avi files straight onto Toast and it generates a proper DVD
so I'm well happy with it.

Tim.