Re: Automated irrigation 101

  • Subject: Re: Automated irrigation 101
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:16:36 -0000

There's also this http://www.wgldesigns.com/rain8.html
which I have
currently sitting in a box with a pile of Toro valves waiting for
our house purchase to complete.

I think the usual suspects carry it - Lets Automate, Simply, Laser
etc.

You program it using the serial port to set up timings etc and then
it uses X10 signals to trigger it. One strength is the timer
ability, just in case it misses the X10 'Off' :)

I'm planning to use it for a full irrigation system, starting with
Baskets and lawns (also picked up some Toro pop-up sprinklers). If
you can find somewhere that ships to the UK from the US you'll find
some good savings, I picked my Toro stuff up from Home Depot last
time I was over there.

Kevin W.