Geovision and SilverStone case/PCI riser card...

  • Subject: Geovision and SilverStone case/PCI riser card...
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:57:09 -0000

I just got a Silverstone LC10 case (from LinItx.com - good service
would highly recommend). I had a really noisey/warm Antec mini case
with an Intel M-ATX motherboard and a 3.2 Ghz P4 running Geovision
6.0.5 - I got the silverstone case for a direct replacement. The
case comes with a 90 degree AGP/PCI riser card. I installed 2
Geovision (1x GVP650 - 1X GVDSP) using this riser card - no AGP
card, using the on-board VGA.
This worked fine before the riser card was used. Now geovision does
not start - it errors out saying keypro not found - which means it
can't find the card or driver (I think). I tried uninstalling /
reinstalling all the software but no luck. I can only think that the
riser card is the problem as it is the only new element.
Does anybody know of issues with some PCI cards using a riser card?
Also how can one PCI slot service 2 cards? This is essentially what
the riser card is doing.

Any help would be much appreciated..

Keyvan

BTW the case is very cool looking and well put together. It's fairly
quiet and cool - noise compares to a shuttle pc. Would make a very
nice case for a MCE 2005 setup.