Re: VOIP help required

Hi Stuart,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart Whyte" <groups@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 1:39 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] VOIP help required

> Morning,
>
> We have 2 offices with a leased line between the offices.  What I
> need
> to do is sort out some sort of VOIP connectivity between the
> offices.
> I'd like to use some sort of soft phone application on people PC's,
> and
> would guess I would need to have some sort of server.  There is no
> requirements at this time to connect this to PSTN lines.
>
> Anyone got an ideas/recommendations on how this can be done.  My
> first
> thought was asterisk, but my knowledge there is poor too.
>
> Discuss... ;-)

Try DIAX with a free IAX service provider like Freeworlddialup or
IAXTEL.
To play with it you can just download it and click on CallMe in the
Help menu.
You will enter my own PBX voicemail system where you can leave a
message.
Pressing '#' you get an echo test to check your link quality.

You can download DIAX for free from the following location:

http://www.laser.com/dante

It has a very detailed help online, including tips to configure your
own Asterisk server if you want.

Comparing with other available softphones on the market, it has some
unique features:
- can register with up to 8 servers in the same time
- home automation support (X10 and Application for the moment) through
the monitoring function
- can act as a remote GSM/PSTN gateway.
- supports for all free audio codecs: GSM, iLBC, Speex, uLaw, aLaw.
- support for several USB phones (ATCOM, Yealink and Eutectics)
- web browser integration
- macro buttons for postdial DTMF tones
- message waiting indicator with list
- call timer
- out/in/missed/rejected/all calls list
- unlimited number of phonebook entries
- Bluetooth support for Ericsson GSM phones
- poliphonic ringtones
- .. and may other to be discovered..:-)

For further support or any other information regarding DIAX do not
hesitate to send me a mail.

Best regards,
Dan
P.S. Version 0.9.15a has just been released yesterday, so it is HOT!