Re: [OT] Video to DVD or CD ROM

I cant really offer the solution, but I can offer some experience. I
bought a ADS DVD-express, which is a hardware video to MPEG2
converter, externally attached via USB. It cost around 50 quid.

I had a lot of problems with audio and video sync, and ended up selling it
again

I would recommend that you spend at least 100 quid to get a decent
piece of equipment, and ensure that it does the encoding in hardware,
rather than software

If I was doing it again, I would look for a piece of hardware that
encoded some form of MPEG4 / XVID / DIVX type encoding, as that
compresses much better

check out http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/capture/intro.htm
and
others for some good information

anyone with better experience feel free to shoot me down.....

Simon

--
Due to budget constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel has been
extinguished.