[OT] Video to DVD or CD ROM

  • Subject: [OT] Video to DVD or CD ROM
  • From: "Alan Ainslie" <alan.ainslie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:37:16 +0100

Excuse my lack of knowledge in this area please.

I need to simply edit (as in CUT and FADE only) a 625 PAL camera image and
to store on PC in a format  that allows full frame rate and decent
definition.

There seem to be several low end domestic products available as digitisers
and programs.  Any suggestions as to a really good but no frills pavckage??

I am actually transferring some 9.5mm fillm reels onto CD ROM, so the
actual
image is Balck and White. Even though the original prints are not so sharp,
lost resolution is an irritation as the dust spots and scratches are no
longer sharp!

Any suggestions please?

Alan Ainslie