Re: Want Caller ID on your Slim player - and call history ??

Phil Harris wrote:

>>If only I could get caller ID in my area... :-(

Wow.. that's a pain - I thought almost everyone had it nowadays... one
thing you could do is use Skype and get a SkypeIN number - you can even
choose your location eg London, Manchester,  New York, France, Poland,
HongKong, even Beverley Hills - for that extra posh occasion.  Also
makes you appear to be somewhere you're not which has a multitude of
applications ;-) When you are called on that number then Skype does
present the incoming CID ..  if you have a Skype OUT account to it will
present it to the destination.  Works quite well but very slight delay
sometimes.  The Olympia Skype cordless phone makes it quite family
friendly. Interestingly when dialling OUT via Skype it does present very
accurate call progress events eg 'ringing' 'answered' etc.... I assume
because of the billing requirements.