Re: Fw: Sonos HA Poll

  • Subject: Re: Fw: Sonos HA Poll
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:29:41 -0000

The 30k library limit does not bother me so much as this:
Quote Sonos FAQ:
Question
"Error : There is not enough room to save the Queue" What is the
limit on the number of tracks in a Sonos Playlist?

Answer
The total number of tracks in all your Sonos Playlists combined
cannot exceed 3000-5000 tracks [depending on length of trackname,
length of directory location, etc.].

3-5k per playlist is not too bad, but as a maximum for ALL playlists
COMBINED is a serious limitation!
I have 8,500 tracks stored on the media-server pc and 24 playlists
(so far) saved using MC10. Each playlist is between 250-300 tracks.

I assume this setup would not work with Sonos? In practice I would
be limited to half this number of playlists...

Keyvan
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Richard Malcolm-Smith <rich@i...>
wrote:
> Gareth Cook wrote:
> > No - that limit is still there. Seems all the
controllers/zoneplayers
> > cache things to speed it up - and so there is a memory limit.
> >
> > Lots more info on the Sonos forums.
>
> Im having to seriously rethink getting a sonos system, that limit
is way too
> low, and there has to be a wireless link between the controller
and the player,
> so thats a no-go if they are put in node0 at the other end of the
house.

> Also they have no details about what encryption the units use for
there "similar
> to wifi" mesh network. I would hate to get a set and find that
the
thing runs